Monday, July 15, 2013

English Camp 2013

Camp has come and gone...
 I spent a majority of my time in the kitchen, but camp included 4 study times, Song times, a worship time on Sunday morning, games, crafts, a movie night, and a recital on the last day.  There was also a beach time planned, but that had to be cancelled because it was pouring - hard enough that there was flash flooding in our area.

Sandwich bar, BBQ, Make your own pizza, & smiley eggs were some of the menu items...














 Flooding... It rained most of Saturday and Sunday.  Sunday morning the rain fell by the bucket full!  After worship time on Sunday morning, I made a quick trip home to check on our garage that seems prone to flooding.  PTL - the garage was DRY, but here are some of the areas I passed and/or had to detour around in order to get back & forth.



There was still much fun to be found, wet skies and all...




AND just before we headed home the sun came out!


Some of the beauty I encountered between the kitchen & the chapel...





Worship time... Singing, learning, story








All in all, I think camp was a success!

**I know the pictures are rather random.  I should take more time to edit & play with the layout, but I'm in post camp, need to sit and chill mode.  Maybe I will edit later... but I seriously doubt it.   

1 comment:

Karen said...

So glad that camp went well! In spite of the rain. Seems like so many places are being flooded this year. Recently saw photos of flash flooding in Toronto--complete with a snake on a Go-Train!